I’ve experienced this error a couple of times especially when I forget to charge my phone the other night. Pressing the power button to continue does nothing but if I keep my phone plugged in for about 15 mins (charging) it would boot up to the Asus screen.
As I’ve researched this can be caused by multiple things, one obvious reason is a failed OTA update
According to XDA developers, there are couple of warning messages for different type of cases.
Since my phone can still boot up and function normally this is what I did.
- Open a command prompt, it should be where you have your adb and fastboot installed
- Type “adb devices” it should the device attached with the word “device” if it says unauthorized like mine did follow the instructions on this article. ADB Devices showing up as unauthorized [FIX].
- If the device is detected you should something like this one :
- C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
4. Type “adb reboot “dm-verity enforcing”” if entered correctly your device should immediately reboot and the issue is now gone.
- C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb reboot “dm-verity enforcing”
For a different issue than what I had experienced go to the XDA Developer’s post [Guide]Remove “your device is corrupted and can not be trusted” issue
If you need to update your ADB drivers get it here : [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [2-9-18]
Related Articles :
- ADB Devices showing up as unauthorized [FIX]
- SD Card as Adoptable Storage on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Google Camera on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1